How to run make in windows 10
The first thing to do is to install GCC which stands for ‘GNU C Compiler’
- Download mingw-get-setup.exe (MinGW Installation Manager)from MinGW SourceForge page
- Launch the installer and follow the prompts till the download inside the installer is complete.
- Click on the ‘Basic Setup’ tab.
- On the right side of the dialog box, tick “mingw32-gcc-g++-bin”. and select Mark for Install.
- Then click on Installation > Apply Changes.
Editing Environment Variables
- Go to Windows Explorer > Right click on This PC > Properties > Advanced system settings > Environment Variables.
- At the bottom of the “System Variables” panel, you will find a Variable named “Path”. Double click on it.
- Some systems show a good UI for adding a New Path easily (by clicking New), else you just need to add ; (Semicolon) at the end and add the path
- Click on OK, and OK and close the other windows. Open a Command Prompt Terminal and try typing
gcc --versionand press Enter to confirm the installation.
- Download and install GNU Win
- Add the path C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin to your environment variable using the following steps
Please note the advanced settings option may appear this way
In addition, you may not need to add a semicolon as some environment variable edit interface display like this :
I hope you found this useful, you can also drop feedbacks.
I want to appreciate the giants on which this article stands on: